Tuesday, November 27, 2012

White Tank Mountain Park


White Tank Mountain Park
Originally uploaded by indykaleu

This picture was made in White Tank Mountain park, near Phoenix, Arizona. After seeing the exit sign for this park several times during our recent vacation to Phoenix, we decided to visit the park before leaving.

It was a sunny day and while the sun was a pale blue color, I wanted something a little richer and a darker blue. After making a few pictures with the pale blue sky, I decided to underexpose the rest of my pictures in order to get a deeper blue sky.

I'm happy with the results. The only thing that is missing are the clouds that were present in Phoenix the previous day. Oh well, maybe on another visit?

We certainly were not disappointed. This was my first visit to the park and I hope to come back multiple times. We hiked on several trails and had a thoroughly good visit. The park has many trails along with clean and modern facilities. Be sure to stop in at the visitors center and the entrance to the park.

For more on the park, go here:

www.maricopa.gov/parks/white_tank/
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment