Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Black Widow


The Black Widow
Originally uploaded by indykaleu

Ahh, the start of fair season here in Indianapolis. This is a shot of the Black Widow ride and was taken at the Marion County State Fair. I always loved this ride as kid and now I have a picture of it...haha

When Rene and I arrived at the fair it was raining, which was frustrating for me but it was also good as Indy has not had any decent rain in a long time. After walking around the fair for about 20 minutes and getting our caricatures drawn (fantastic work by the way), the rain stopped and we headed out once again to see the rides.

Rene pointed out that people were in line for this ride and we headed over for some pictures. I took a few pictures with another ride in the background, but when I went to process them this weekend, I thought the background ride was very distracting.

I'm glad I was able to get this shot from a different direction. This was an 11 second exposure, set at f22 and ISO 100. I do have another picture with a shorter exposure time that shows off the ride in more detail.

I'm just so happy that Rene didn't mind me wandering around to photograph the rides and put up with change of directions and standing around for several seconds. Sweetie, it's just too bad we weren't hungry. I can still smell the corn dogs. Oh well, we still have the state fair coming up this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment