Sunday, November 27, 2011

Indianapolis night time view


Indianapolis night time view
Originally uploaded by indykaleu

After another few hours of going through the digital pile of undeveloped RAW files on my computer, I found this wonderful picture of downtown Indianapolis from the west end of the canal.

This shot was made under the bridge next to the Indiana State Museum. I think this might be a good location to get a sunrise picture of the skyline. Of course, that means I have to get up early to make it to this spot. At least the sun rises later in the winter, so that might be a possibility for me! Haha

This area of the canal is probably my favorite area to shoot in Indianapolis and along the canal. The lights along the canal and their reflections in the water make for terrific photographs.  It's too bad the rest of the canal isn't as well lit or lacking in more eye candy.

The settings for this picture are: 10 second shutter speed, f11 and ISO 200.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Its one of our favorite views as well...since we all "live" here at the museum and stare at that view daily! Yes, there are awesome sunrises here...try to see it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete