Sunday, January 16, 2011

Icicles

One of the fun things for me about winter are the icicles.  I enjoy photographing icicles where I find them.  This is usually around the house, but I was able to find some interesting icicles on the canal in Indianapolis.  I also found a few good ones just outside of my front porch last week.  A few are growing at the back of my house and I am hoping they last long enough for me to get some good pictures.

This icicle is near my front porch.  The shrub is something I should have trimmed back last year, but kept putting it off.  I'm glad I didn't or else this picture would not have been possible.  I cloned out a few weeds to the left of the branch.  They just cluttered the picture and took focus away from this icicle.  



Another icicle hanging from the roof.


This icicle was found at the south of the canal where it empties into White River.  The ice is in the foreground and the water is flowing behind the ice.  I wish I had taken my tripod; After seeing this ice formation, I wanted to do some slow shutter speeds and blur the water.  I think I will go back next weekend and visit this area again, with a tripod!

This was also on the canal and was taken near the NCAA museum on the south end of the canal.  I'm happy with the contrast and colors in this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment